Palm Springs, California Vacation Destination
Discover a grand getaway to the heart of the desert with Wyndham Extra Holidays offering two fantastic resorts. Explore a true shopper's delight in the El Paseo Shopping District or the Palm Springs Mall. Feel brand new with soothing massages, facials and body scrubs that create an unforgettable spa day with friends or a romantic date for two. The Tahquitz Creek Golf Course is the spot to test your skill, while the Fabulous Palm Springs Follies will leave you jumping out of your seats with magnificent Broadway-style shows.
Get up close to a unique collection of desert plants at the Moorten Botanical Garden. Families of all ages can splish and splash at the Knott's Soak City Water Park, while outdoor adventurists will love the diverse hiking trails at Mt. San Jacinto State Park or flying high on the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway. There are plenty of tours and day trips to surrounding Palm Springs towns like Desert Hot Springs that let you discover the beauty of the desert.
Palm Springs, California Travel Tips
- Packing Tips - A hat and sunblock lotion for those days in the sun. A sweater for the chilly nights will keep you comfortable in the Palm Springs desert.
- Best Attractions - Golf galore and spa treatments are the popular entertainment choices at this desert oasis. The Tahquitz Creek Golf Course is conveniently nearby.
- Best Time to Visit - There's comfortable weather from November through March.
Weather - Climate (average high temperature)
- January: 70° F
- February: 75° F
- March: 78° F
- April: 87° F
- May: 95° F
- June: 104° F
- July: 108° F
- August: 107° F
- Sept: 101° F
- October: 91° F
- November: 78° F
- December: 70° F
- Cathedral City, CA- 1.7 miles
- Palm Desert, CA - 8.8 miles
- Anaheim, CA - 95.7 miles
- Riverside, CA - 62 miles
- Desert Hot Springs, CA - 11.6 miles
- Palm Springs International Airport
- Bermuda Dunes Airport
- Banning Municipal Airport
- Desert Regional Medical Center
- Eisenhower Medical Center